Item added
Go to Checkout
Home

Volume 21 – Number 4

Apr 1990

 


The Newark Museum
 
Sino-Mongolian-Tibetan Buddhist Appliqué
 
Tibetan 'Thousand Buddha' Capes
 
Tibetan Administrative Documents
 
Phagpa Lokesvara

Portrait of Tsongkhapa
China, early 19th century
Appliquéd silks
The Newark Museum
Gift of Henry H. Wehrhane, 1942 (42.198)

The opening of The Newark Museum's extensive new galleries in November 1989 allowed one of the world's leading collections of Tibetan art and artefacts to go on permanent display for the first time. Occupying the majority of the western galleries, the Tibetan holdings can now be viewed within the context of the surrounding cultures of India, China and the Himalayas. In this issue of Orientations, scholars of Tibetan and Nepali art present the results of recent research on a range of material from The Newark Museum collection.
 
Purchase this issueadd to cart
First Name*
Last Name*
Email*